Sunday, February 21, 2010

MurderTV

"It's ok honey you can watch MurderTV." With those fateful words I might have finally reached the edge of my wife's tolerance. Recently I ordered Wildtv from Bell Expressview. I did it primarily because I can't seem to gain control of the remote early enough to see "Canadian Tradition" and "Canada in The Rough" on Saturday mornings. I've seen both those shows and enjoy them quite a bit. So, for the last week or so I've been trying to find something to enjoy on the new network I'm watching. It's been a bit of a struggle.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not taking away from the accomplishments these folks are doing in their various shows, but to be honest, I don't want to see a bunch of shows where everyone sits around on a game preserve shooting booners. Some of the footage has been great and amusing but lots has been amateurish at best. What I was hoping for was a bunch of programs that could show me how to do what I'm doing better. So far I've been given very few real tips but I'm always hopeful. I have to give props to Michael Waddel and the crew. Other than Harley Davidson I think the "Bone Collectors" logo is the only other one I've ever seen tattooed on someone's body.

On an up note, my "not as anti as I used to be" wife did come to me and tell me that she's been thinking that harvesting our own food through my hunting makes more sense. She cited the health benefits of the food etc. That's good progress and sitting with me watching "murdertv" she doesn't cheer for the "innocent" deer quite as often as she used to. I have pointed out to her that Hoyt makes the Vixen and two heads are better than one. I think I'm a little premature on that one though. As I read this section out loud her comment was "that's for sure." She has mentioned that she wants to come out and sit in a blind with me to see what it's all about. At least I'll have a legitimate excuse to buy her a cammo thong now.

So it's been great to see people finally reading my blog. Thanks for the comments. It's always appreciated. I'm still wandering the house trying to pretend I'm a turkey in heat. I've discovered you can get away with the loud unsexy calls while vacuuming. I'm not sure if it's because the noise drowns out the sounds of the yelps or because she feels I deserve some latitude for being so domestic. I'm counting down to turkey course day, March 19 at the Toronto Sportsman Show. How great is that? Half the day or so learning how to hunt a turkey and the rest wandering sportsman's paradise. I should probably leave my credit card at home. Argo's are good for yard work aren't they? Hmmm I just found out that my wife is going to be there for work reasons with her service dogs. Argo's can't be seen in cammo can they?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the wife is finally coming around and watching the "Murder TV". Hopefully she follow your lead, pick up a bow, and provide dinner the old-fashioned way.

    Great new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading through your blog. Very funny and interesting. Keep the sense of humor and don't stop writing about your learning experience. Will check back and hope we can link up soon. Rex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    I love this post, great humor :) Getting your wife to sit with you while you hunt is a great first step towards getting her to actually pick up a bow and hunt with you.

    Oh - and as far as loud and obnoxious calls in the house go - vacuuming while you practice is a good way to get away with it, and turkey calls aren't that bad - but if you try to goose call in the house she just might kick you out. :)

    ReplyDelete